About Me

My photo
A young man seeking after the Lord's will for my life. I am a believer in the One True God (John 14:6). A current student in college excited to be transferred to a Christian school to major in Youth Ministries!!! Yeah I believe the Lord is leading me to His ministry!!!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Celberity Hypocrisy!



I saw something the other day that was rather disturbing.  A band that I listen to, Escape the Fate, just released a new album entitled “Ungrateful”, earlier this year.  I finally had a chance to listen to it just the other day.  Because I like to, I went to go to the back of the lyrics pamphlet and look at the “thank-you’s” that the members of the band give.  3 out of the 5 guys mentioned something about God.  Two of those guys mentioned God, or Jesus being a good role-model.  The other one said that Christ was his Lord and Savior.  Sounds great!

What’s the problem? My problem was with their lyrics.  8 of the 11 songs had the f-bomb dropped at least once in the song.  That is my problem.

Alright guys, if you are going to call yourself a Christian, you better act like one.  Some people may have a problem with their music, “How could a Christian listen or play that?” Some may have a problem with their style or appearance.  My problem is with their hypocrisy and yes I am calling them out on that!!!  Are they Christians?  Well judging by their actions, I would say… “NO!!!!”

“Jakob, you have no right to judge that!” Why not? Have you read Scripture? Paul calls his readers out.  If they are going to claim the name, they’d better live it!  I believe that yes we can judge another person by their actions, not their idle belief.  And when the person claims Christ, their lives are to be conformed to Christ.  Paul writes in Ephesians 4:17-32 of the Christian walk and what it is to look like.  The public display of Escape the Fate and their behavior does not resemble that of a Christian, based off this passage.

Let me be clear, I do listen to the band.  In fact I would suggest some of their material, because they make quality music and have some great lyrics.  If you don’t like them, that is fine.  Really all this is about is what they claim, “Christ”, and how they live, “not of Christ”.  They contradict it by their actions.  Unfortunately that is something that is all too often heard about in our culture, both from Believers and non-believers.

How do we change it? Match your theology with your life.  Your doctrine is meant to be lived out.  If you call yourself a Christian, than you better find what Christ says and you had better live it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment