About Me

My photo
A young man seeking after the Lord's will for my life. I am a believer in the One True God (John 14:6). A current student in college excited to be transferred to a Christian school to major in Youth Ministries!!! Yeah I believe the Lord is leading me to His ministry!!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

TGIT... Thank God It's Thursday!!!

I am dead tired as I post this cuz I've been up past ten every day of the week and it's been constant work... so it's a literal lack of much needed sleep.  Oh and I'm at school as I type this too so I can't go take a much needed nap!!!

Anyways I was talking to a friend last night at AWANA and she too finds it hilarious that apparently beats two and four are sinful according to many people who oppose CCM!  Also I was impressed that she knew a little bit about hymn history and the music to for the early hymns were actually secular tunes.

Also I got an article from my youth pastor and in it discusses the sexualization in advertising contributing to rape.  WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!  You women hold a lot more power than you give yourselves credit for.  You, just like everyone else hold the power to change the world.

The way I see it is this... men began lowering their standards.  The women followed in unison and here we are today with divorce, non-married living together, and the list goes on!!!  I believe that, not only the women but the men too can raise and hold onto the standards proper for believers than we can change the world.  It only takes one person to start a revolution!!!

Don't be afraid to rise against the world.  I am certianly going against a lot of what the world "teaches" about dating and I have caught flak from fellow believers for it!!!  But I know it's right because as believers we are literally "slaves" to Christ following after His will for our lives!!!  I challenge all you young people out there to question the standards you hold...  Are they following after the world or are they following after Christ?!?!?!

1 comment: