About Me

My photo
A young man seeking after the Lord's will for my life. I am a believer in the One True God (John 14:6). A current student in college excited to be transferred to a Christian school to major in Youth Ministries!!! Yeah I believe the Lord is leading me to His ministry!!!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Forgiven

I want to talk about a song that recently has really touched me.  Recently I had listened to it and really paid attention to the words, it was quite interesting where it could be applied.  The song is called "Forgiven" by Skillet off their "Awake" album.  Here is a link a youtube video with the song and lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8CkEbto2L0

Personally it seems to me that John Cooper is writing to his wife because of this stanza in the chorus:

Now I'm in our secret place
Alone in your embrace

Yes it can be applied to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, but to me it seems to relate to a human marriage, rather than our marriage to Christ.

I would like to comment on that stanza above.  The physical relationship between and wife and husband is to be a "secret place".  Our culture has just totally destroyed that due to media and really what is quote on quote "cool".  Last time I checked statistics was people are losing their virginity when they are thirteen, yeah you read that right, 13 years old and they are sleeping with the opposite sex (or, unfortunately the same sex).

If this song was written for his wife, he really revealed a lot of himself, not only that, but she has shown unconditional forgiveness.  All the things that he has done, she forgave him.  Can this happen in a marriage relationship?  Only when Jesus Christ is the center and Lord of both the husband and wife's life is this kind of forgiveness possible.

Really the lyrics do an excellent job with explaining what a marriage relationship should be like when the trials and troubles come.  Kudos John Cooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment